Your carpets need a proper cleaning and it will be the first time that you are going to clean your carpets. And, I don’t have any idea about carpet cleaning in Adelaide. Then, don’t worry in this article, we are going to discuss all the important things you should know about carpet cleaning.
Carpet Cleaning Facts You Should Know
- At the very start of the procedure, carpet cleaners should do the vacuuming. So that all the dust or dry soil laying upon the carpet will get sucked in the vacuum. What happens? The soil or dirt you carry inside from outdoors gets dry and turns into mud when it gets moisturized during the carpet cleaning. Mud is heavier if we compare it with dry soil and as the mud is heavy, it will be difficult for carpet cleaners to remove them. So, pre-vacuuming helps the carpet cleaners to clean the carpet properly.
- During the process, most of the stains must get removed. But, some stay as they are tough to be removed. Stains containing tannins, acids, dyes, or caustics do not come out so easily. These stains require special stain removing treatment or techniques.
- During carpet cleaning, the carpet cleaners use an acidic conditioning rinse. As the chemicals in the process are all alkaline. So, the use of an acidic rinse balances all the cleansing products.
- The results you will get after carpet cleaning also depend on the hired carpet cleaner’s experience. The more experienced a carpet cleaner is, the better result you will get. And, the time taken also reduces with the experience.
- You should only hire those carpet cleaning services who are certified by the International Institute for Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) which is the primary body of training and accreditation in the industry of carpet steam cleaning.
- You can get the wet dog smell while your carpet is getting clean. This smell occurs due to the off-gas from Sulfur present in the wool of your carpet. This smell gets away when your carpet dries.
- Stain protection is always beneficial to your carpet by the manufacturer. So, don’t worry that protection does not get removed during the process. The stain protector gets removed when your carpet gets worn out in some places. You should always use carpet protectors in high-traffic areas of your property like the entrance of your home, kitchen, or bedroom. It will help you to keep your carpet safe or maintained.
- Carpets need to be groomed by the carpet cleaners. So, that it may not take too long to dry and the pile sets up easily like before in the same direction.
- Carpet cleaners also provide a warranty after carpet cleaning. If you are not happy with the results then you can recall them to clean the carpets again. And, without any questions, they will clean it for you.
- After getting your carpets cleaned by carpet cleaners, do regular vacuuming which will increase its lifespan or maintain its beauty.
So, these are some of the common or important things you should know about carpet cleaning.