Oil stains on the carpet can be very nasty and annoying to you. As the exposure to oil and grease not only damages the quality of fabric but permanently damages the nature of the carpet. Oil stains can trap a lot of mud and dirt over time and lead to decolourisation of the carpet. Also, the hygiene of the carpet can get compromised as well because any oil stain provides a perfect environment for germs to flourish. The presence of germs can spread illness and disease to your family so make sure you get oil stain removal done by professionals or by yourself on time. Hire professional carpet cleaners for carpet oil stain removal and carpet restoration after oil stain removal. You can also follow this simple step by step guide to get rid of oil stains from your carpet at home.
Materials you will be needing :
- Spare Clothes or cleaning papers
- Carpet stain removing soap or detergent
- CornStarch or Baby powder
Steps for carpet oil stain removal are :
- Step 1: Old oil stains are very stubborn and require freshening of the oil present inside. So start by adding some amount of oil or grease over to the old stain. The glycerine will freshen up the old stain and provide fluidity in the stain before oil stain removal.
- Step 2: After adding some glycerine on the stain, use some absorbent cloths or paper towels and gently dab them over on the stains. Make sure you dab slowly and absorb any of the extra oil and glycerine from the stain. Don’t dab firmly or apply pressure as the oil can spread around the stain as well. Keep dabbing till all of the extra oil is removed from the stain.
- Step 3 : Take some cornstarch and sprinkle it over the stain and let the cornstarch powder cover the stain completely. If you see a lot of dirt you can use a brush to remove any amount of dust present. Brush the bottom part of the stained carpet and remove all the dirt from beneath. Repeat the cornstarch sprinkling again and let the starch powder rest on the stain for an hour.
- Step 4 : Take a vacuum cleaner and attach an upholstery hose on it. Use this to run over the stain and carpet over and over to remove all of the cornstarch and mud. Repeat the vacuum cleaning on the bottom of the carpet as well.
- Step 5 : If the oil stain still persists you can use oil removing soap or some detergent to further eradicate oil in the stain. Pour some oil removing soap and water on the stain and use a toothbrush to clean off the stain. Gently rub the stain repeatedly and let the oil removing soap do its work. Brush the bottom of the stained carpet as well and clear any amount of oil still present.
- Step 6: Take two dry clothes and put them on the surface of the stain and the bottom as well. Press the dry clothes firmly over and beneath and repeat the pressing to absorb all the water and detergent. Leave the carpet s it is and let it dry naturally.
Squeaky Clean RugsHire professional carpet cleaning services offered by Squeaky clean rugs for stubborn and severe oil stain removal from the carpet. Our expert professional carpet cleaners can deliver routine carpet cleaning and carpet stain removal at affordable costs. We deliver guaranteed results on the same day and leave your carpets fresh and restored just like new.